Thursday, April 10, 2008

 

Local Good News

I have a peripheral connection to the ICE agent Cory Voorhis case. I met Cory at a gun show recently and gave him some money for his defense fund. I go hunting with his boss. I'm friends with the guv'ner, the supposed victim of Cory's non-criminal use of the NCIC here, and I know Bob Beauprez slightly, having met him at Republican Heaven, about whose unsuccessful campaign the fuss was all about.

So, I was delighted that Mr. Voorhis was acquitted of all charges yesterday after an eight day federal prosecution in front of Judge Kane. People with knowledge say he's a good agent who got a raw deal. Justice, to the extent it can be done, was done. No prosecution should have ever been brought. Hard to believe I agree with the ever less articulate Peter Boyles on this matter.

Unless Beauprez picks up the entire defense counsel fee and costs, looks like I'll be making another contribution. The two or three libertarians who read this site should consider doing the same.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?