Tuesday, August 28, 2007

 

I Am Not Gay

Idaho Senator Larry Craig (R) goes out of his way to deny that he is gay, in the wake of a bust several weeks ago for attempted lewd conduct with a male undercover officer in a Minnesota airport bathroom. "I am not gay. I have never been gay," he said.

Uh-huh.

He forgot to add, "not that there's anything wrong with that." He also forgot to plead not guilty and took the misdemeanor plea deal offered by the prosecution.

What is it with so deep in the closet Republican gay men that they can't face the truth? We're a big tent--we welcome the Log Cabin guys and wish more would come out of the Democratic closet. If you don't want people to think you're gay, don't be weird in public bathrooms. Pretty simple rule, that. It's not like bathrooms are overwhelmingly romantic; in fact it's kinda the opposite.

Labels:


Comments:
I guess the GOP will have to be brought lower than it already is before bouncing back.
 
"We welocme the Log Cabin guys?"

We welcome them to stay out of sight and out of mind because their very existence makes the Conservative wing of the GOP froth at the mouth.

I think the tent is less big you think.
 
....and I have never been gay.

As if you could be gay and then switch somehow. I'm glad you caught that, because when I heard it I laughed my ass off. It reminds me of the William Jefferson "denial".

I'm wondering what it is with these closet gay Republicans as well. What a tortured life they live.
 
Eric, maybe not as low as first thought. As long as Craig doesn't try to hold onto his seat.
Duk, quit being such a hater. We don't shun the log cabin guys and we certainly don't froth at the mouth at the thought of gay people's existance. We are all grown up guys who know the real world and don't care what you do in the privacy of your bedroom. What a hateful and wrong picture you have of the Republicans in the 21st century.
Mike, I guess his proper classification is 'bi' which I would argue should be 'ambi' as 'bi' in biology class means hermaphroditic. It can't be pleasant to have to hide such an important part of your life as your sexuality. I feel slightly sorry for 'honest' gays because more of them won't have children but I really feel sorry for the guys in the closet, children or not.
 
Roger,

I am not a hater. I do think that you, yourself, do not shun the Log Cabin guys. Nor do I. You and I are grown up guys who know the real world and do not care what you do in the privacy of your bedroom.

But unless I have been misinterpreting all I see and read, mainstream Repulicanism, much less the conservatives who write the party platform, do not welcome gays wityh unreserved open arms.
 
Bi, ambi. Call it what you will. I'll call him a hypocrite.

If he would just go about his business without preaching to the world, I wouldn't have the least bit of a problem with it. Hell, I lived through watching all my friends try out being "bi" just 'cause it was cool. I could care less.

But when you forward legislation in order to marginalize a group that you are a member of, well, that is just stupid.

And Craig is nothing if not that.
 
Duk, you said it, you are misinterpreting the Party's stance.
Mike, what legislation?
 
You want numbers? Sorry, I haven't time. He forwarded the motion to prohibit gay marriage, for example.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?