Friday, August 14, 2020

 

Ambrosia

 


Last year, through the sin of sloth, I didn't grow any tomatoes. I have to grow them in raised beds or half barrels because of rabbit infestation, but that has never been a real problem, so I blame myself for last year's dearth of fresh, homegrown tomatoes. But this year I have two giant plants with about 30 green tomatoes and several just turning red.

Pepperidge Farm, white (privilege achievement), thin sliced bread, toasted; mayonnaise (goes perfectly with the white achievement bread); lots of fresh ground pepper and Kosher or Sea salt (perhaps a leaf of home grown basil); sliced home grown tomato -- and you have one of the top ten dishes of all time. Food of the Gods (the Nectar, drink, of the Gods is Prosecco with 20% St. Germain, just so you know).

Even in 2020, a year that will live in infamy, life is good.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?