Saturday, April 27, 2013

 

Justified

OK, I've just about finished Season 1, Episode 4. Pretty good--lots of the sort of humor that Quentin Tarantino tries to emulate in his work, but I have a quibble. Olyphant shoots two mob guys with single shots to the gut and to perfect dead center mass, respectively. Single shots! I am willing to bet a lot of money that the marshals are taught to do anti-armor (two to the chest, one to the head, just like Tom Cruise in Collateral). I know a marshal. I'll find out if I'm right. With the federal government buying tons of ammo, why wouldn't the marshal fighting for his life put three rounds down range instead of one? I'll be back to you on this.

I dined on salmon I froze last year (unfortunately farm raised, and not that well raised) along with leeks in a Italian cheese sauce and roast Brussel sprouts. I made enough for my eldest daughter but she didn't show for dinner without calling before hand. I love her, but she's not the most thoughful roomie ever. The food was pretty good, washed down with Lynchburg lemonade. Yum.

I've watched a few more episodes and they're pretty good, perhaps slowly getting better. The main character is familiar, a lot of another marshall, Dillon on Gunsmoke with a big hunk of Sheriff Taylor (the country bumpkin who always manages to see through the city fellows' lies) and a little of Paladin in his gun prowess. I grew up watching the basic ingredients of this show. It's a good, not a tired, familiar.

UPDATE: Indeed the marshalls are taught to use anti-armor but they have upped the ante and now do two to the chest, two to the head. Two double taps to center mass and center face. I like it.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?