Tuesday, May 01, 2012

 

Opening My Eyes

As I walked out of Starbucks this morning with my big latte and a Danish, I overheard some 20somethings discussing the Jews in very unflattering terms. Not good.

I'm OK with pointing out the minor differences between ethnic groups and I do it, as I suspect everyone does, a lot; but to ascribe a special evil to one group, or to suggest that one group should not have the same rights and responsibilities as any other group, is beyond the pale. If you even have vague inklings along these lines regarding the Jews (or anyone else, for that matter) you had best keep it to yourself, because if I hear it, you are dead to me (like Fredo to Michael) forever after.

Forever after.

The experience was a minor bummer, as we used to say.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?