Saturday, January 15, 2011

 

As Plain as...

The netherworld efforts of Democrats to blame the right in general and the Tea Party and Sarah Palin specifically for the mass murder perpetrated by a man described by his friends, that is, people who actually knew him, as really quite liberal, has failed so abysmally, that even a relatively dim bulb like Charles Blow at the New York Times can see it. He even thinks it has come round and bit the liberals in the butt. That is indeed an epic fail.

But the insight of seeing the bleeding obvious doesn't stop Mr. Blow for this set of statements.


I have written about violent rhetoric before, and I’m convinced that it’s poisonous to our politics, that the preponderance of it comes from the right, and that it has the potential to manifest in massacres like the one in Tucson.
He may well believe these, but are any true? I doubt it. But he's made the allegation, it's up to him to provide the proof, which he does not, at least here. Another liberal article of faith. "No matter what we do, the Republicans are worse and more dangerous", 180 years of history showing the opposite notwithstanding. I think the applicable psychological term is called projection.

Labels:


Comments:
Here is what is not as plain as the nose on my face. But b/f I go there, I would leave Michelle Malkin out of your list of go to quotation sources. She' a bit rabid don't you think? You moved to Colorado Springs voluntarily and there would be only one reason why I would live there.

I cannot believe that you find the number of firearm related deaths in the U.S. to be acceptable. So my question is, how do we reduce firearm related deaths and preserve our 2nd Amendment rights?

T
 
To go to school? Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground.. The murder rate is high, but I can't find a way to lower it without sacrificing freedom. 'I am indebted to every man I meet that he does not murder me.'
Edwin Burke
 
Rog,

I think the statistic is that about 50% of gun deaths are suicides. No doubt this number would be reduced if firearms were not so readily available. See Gregg Easterbrook's TMQ column at ESPN.cm dated January 18, 2011.

T
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?