Friday, October 08, 2010

 

Thought of the Day

I think at this stage, it’s very hard to rally Democrats, because I think a lot of them recognize, I think a lot of them are actually ashamed of what happened in 2008. it’s fascinating to me, I was driving earlier today through a little liberal enclave of New Hampshire. And I do not recall in any electoral cycle seeing so few Democratic Party signs. I mean normally, the Democrats in that particular town outnumber the Republican candidate signs very considerably. The Democrat signs are conspicuous by their absence. And I think people understand that they were taken for a ride in 2008. I saw this ridiculous video on the internet earlier today of some nude students protesting don’t take away our coverage, meaning you know, Obamacare covers them until the age of 26, supposedly. And I was rather touched by it, because these must be the last twelve people, twelve young people still singing the starry-eyed, hopeychangey balderdash from 2008. This is a tremendous fall, and comprehensive fall, in almost record time. I mean, this is beyond Carter. Carter was not a messiah. And what has happened to Obama is remarkable.

Mark Steyn

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?