Monday, September 06, 2010

 

The Weirdest Thing

I played golf on Saturday with Austin and Andrew and we walked and it was rough in the heat but everything was OK through 4:00 am on Sunday; and then at 6:00 am it felt as if someone was stabbing me in the back, just below the inside end of the shoulder blade. It was a 6/10 on the pain scale and there was nothing I could do to position my body to make the pain less. I took over the counter pain medication and then took the real stuff as well as a muscle relaxer. There was a little tingling and numbness down my left arm and into the two little fingers. There was a lot of weakness there too. After the pain medication took effect, the only thing bugging me was the weakness, tingling and numbness in the arm and hand. It's still the same today but now the left arm hurts as well.

I interpreted the pain numbness and tingling in the left arm to be along the ulnar nerve distribution pattern. And I guess that I slept in a bad position and caused a rhomboid muscle to spasm and the spasm caused a temporary (I hope) nerve problem down my arm.

I'll keep you updated.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Yikes!

I may have thought myocardial infarction.

T
 
It's slowly coming back--no tingling but very clumsy left hand and very weak last two digits. I'll keep you updated. How is your health, by the way? Give me a call or an updating e-mail.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?