Friday, April 24, 2009

 

Going Ad Hominem

When you've got the facts on your sides, you argue the facts, when you don't, you attack the character of your opponent. Here is the Goracle today misinforming Congress:


Gore replied by reiterating that Barton has been misled, “Like Bernie Madoff, and they lied about it in order to make money. And they themselves profited. The CEO of the largest got a onetime payment of $400 million. Now, again, those who have trusted them and believed them are due an apology. These corporations ought to apologize to the American people for conducting a massive fraud for the last 14 years.”


[...]


Another Republican, Steve Scalise of Louisiana, questioned the scientific basis of some of Mr. Gore’s claims about climate change.

Mr. Gore, clearly exasperated, said, “There are people who still believe that the moon landing was staged on a movie lot in Arizona.”

Mr. Scalise responded, “I know you like those cutesy anecdotes but this is not a cutesy issue.”


I don't think the Warmies are corrupt (well, most of them aren't); I just think they're wrong, really wrong. And I have reasons for thinking that, which reasons have been a large part of my blogging posts over the past few years.

The un-attacked guy going ad hominem has generally lost the argument.

TI-I-I-IME is on my side, yes it is.

And that's not to mention the cowardice displayed by the Goracle and the Democrats on the committee for not allowing well spoken and funny Denier, Lord Christopher Monckton, to testify. What are they afraid of? I thought the science was settled.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?