Wednesday, September 24, 2008
The Achievements of Our Current Congress
Here is a partial list of what the Republicans got done:
- Won the war in Iraq (kept funding it, defeated Democrat Defeatists legislation, got the surge going).
- Fixed FISA (a little) and kept immunity in the new bill.
- Stopped enlargement of S-CHIP.
- Stopped a new illegal alien amnesty.
- Stopped card check voting for unions.
- Defeated (a week from now) Democrat renewal of offshore drilling moratorium.
- Stopped all efforts to impeach our current leaders.
I wonder if the Democrats who voted in the new Congress are satisfied with its accomplishments? We Republicans seem better lately when in the minority.
(h/t Moe Lane)