Wednesday, August 20, 2008

 

Good News About al Qaeda

Here is an article that indicates all is not well with a group dedicated to the re-establishment of the Caliphate through war with the West. Indeed, the author says al Qaeda is losing the Jihadi war. Sounds right to me. Money quote:


Until 2006, hardcore European jihadists would have traveled to Iraq. But the numbers doing so now have dwindled to almost zero, according to several European counterterrorism officials. That's because al-Qaeda's affiliate in Iraq has committed something tantamount to suicide.


It is never a good thing to bomb your fellow religionists, no matter what spin you later put on it.

Labels:


Comments:
Or perhaps to Pakisan and then into Afghanistan. Still not the draw it was after the big success in 2001.
 
I got your point, T, and I don't want to help them in a propaganda war through my ignorance, but I'm not writing primarily for a Muslim audience. I'll try to think of a concise term that doesn't contain any religious concept. Maybe terrorist is indeed all I'll come up with.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?