Friday, November 09, 2007

 

This Day in the History of Good Things

There is a lot to choose from in German history for this day, Abdication of the Kaiser, formation of the Schutzstaffel (SS), Kristallnacht, but I choose to go with the happiest news. On this day in 1989, the East German government gave up the ghost and threw open the border crossings in Berlin and elsewhere and thus the infamous wall fell and soon thereafter the whole rotten Communist mess in East Europe and the USSR. Oh Happy Day.

Labels:


Comments:
It is also the anniversary of the Kristallnacht so it isn't all good.
 
As I mentioned in the posting.
Thanks for reading closely, Mike.
 
Damn! I read it twice and didn't see it.

My bad.
 
It's OK, you did a good job on the subject over at your site (except for your stubborn refusal to accept the historical fact that the Nazis were lefties, but I know that's a hard thing to accept. Took me years.)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?