Saturday, May 05, 2007

 

Aging but Deadly


Three A-10 Thunderbolts from the 103rd Fighter Wing, Connecticut Air National Guard, trail behind a KC-135R Stratotanker on April 10, 2007. The aircraft are traveling across the country to their new home with the 188th Fighter Wing at Fort Smith, Ark., as part of the Base Realignment and Closure reorganization. DoD photo by Senior Master Sgt. Thomas Meneguin, U.S. Air Force.
The A-10 Warthog is a plane so ugly it's beautiful. In the Ferrari versus pick-up truck analogy, this is a lot closer to a pick-up and so much more useful, in the long struggle we're in, than the F-22 Raptor. Although the Raptor will be useful if we have to shoot down Chinese Migs and Sukhois.

Labels:


Comments:
Heh...I spent 14 years in the 103rd. They still had F-100 Super Sabres when I joined in '77 and converted to the A-10 a couple years later.

After a few years on extended active duty, I went back to the ANG, this time at the 175th in Maryland...another A-10 unit.

Out of 27 years in the service, about 22 of them were spent in A-10 outfits. It's an awesome airplane to watch working over ground targets.
 
Very cool. I don't think they are making new ones, but they're not making new B-52s either. Thanks for your service to the country. you're a better man than I am.
 
Based on my reading of the 2nd Amendment, I can have one of these. But, since I can't afford a new pickemup, let alone a Ferrari, I suppose I won't be able to get an A-10. My driveway isn't long enough, anyway. OldeForce
 
I can find nothing in the 2nd Amendment which limits the weapons other than they ought to be useful to service in the militia. I think an A-10 would be very useful in the militia. If you get anything that can hit someone outside your line of sight (like heavy artillary, for example) I would put you on a strict liability civil standard, as if you imported a man eating lion. Anyone gets hurt in any way by your A-10 and you're civilly responsible. Same for an atomic weapon. Someone steals it and blows up New York. Your fault.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?