Wednesday, March 21, 2007

 

More on Plame

I wrote this about a part of her testimony about her role in getting Joe Wilson to Niger (I did not recommend him. I did not suggest him. There was no nepotism involved. I did not have the authority). But I did not note this--If the very convenient leader (whom she can no longer remember) did actually say: What about your husband, Valerie? He'd be perfect for the job. Once she wrote the memo, she was in fact both suggesting and recommending her husband (which I think is in fact at least a form of nepotism), even if she was not the first to do so.

Senator Kit Bond (R-MO) who was on the Senate Committee who was investigating things (and discovered Joe Wilson's serial lies and the e-mail memorandum Valerie Plame wrote suggesting and recommending her husband for the job), took another look at the evidence, including the memo and sent his own e-mail to NRO's The Corner stating this:

I stand by the findings of the Committee’s report on the Niger-Iraq uranium information, including the information regarding Mr. and Mrs. Wilson.

We have checked the transcript of the comments made to the Committee by the former reports officer and I stand by the Committee’s description of his comments. If the reports officer would like to clarify or change his remarks, I’m certain that the Committee would welcome his testimony.

We have also checked the memorandum written by Ms. Wilson suggesting her husband to look into the Niger reporting. I also stand by the Committee’s finding that this memorandum indicates Ms. Wilson did suggest her husband for a Niger inquiry. Because the quote [the portion of the memo quoted in the Senate report] obviously does not represent the entirety of the memorandum, I suggest that the House Government Reform Committee request and examine this memorandum themselves. I am confident that they will come to the same conclusion as our bipartisan membership did.

So she lied under oath to Congress, which is two crimes.

I somehow doubt she will share the same fate as Scooter Libby.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?