Monday, January 15, 2007
Questioning the Baseline
Zbig says global CO2 concentration in 1870 was probably just as high as it was in 1970. Yet the Warmies say average temperature globally increased about a whole degree Fahrenheit during that time. If the CO2 was the same at the beginning and end of the period during which the temperature rose, CO2 concentration could not have caused it. QED. Yet CO2 concentration increasing as temperatures rise is the sine qua non of Warmie dogma.
And then there's this data from Lawrence Hecht. If he's right here, the growing consensus the Warmies crow about is becoming an increasingly tattered tissue of lies.
- Since 1980, there has been an advance of more than 55% of the 625 mountain glaciers under observation by the World Glacier Monitoring group in Zurich. (From 1926 to 1960, some 70-95% of these glaciers were in retreat.)
- A comparison of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's 1965 and 1990 Plant Hardiness Zone Maps, shows a southward change of one zone, or 10°F, between 1965 and 1990.
- Careful measurements of the oxygen isotope ratios in German oaks, which are rigorously calibrated to temperature data, show a 1°C temperature decline from 1350 to 1800 (the lowpoint of the Little Ice Age). Temperature thereafter increased by 1°C from 1800 to 1930, and has been declining since then.
- From weather stations in the Alps, and in the Nordic countries, we find the temperature decline since 1930 is also 1°C.
- Satellite measurements have shown growth in the height and breadth of the huge Greenland ice sheet, the largest in the Northern Hemisphere.
The statement that there is no dispute about Global Warming (caused solely by human activity) is bunk in the casual observers and a lie in the mouths of those who know the science.
Who claims that the current apparent warming of the globe is due "solely to human activity'? Not me, boy. But, as human activity is the only process we may modify, it might be wise to do so, in case such does exacerbate the problem.
Say "Hallelujah!" Brothers and Sisters.
Avoid temptation. Abjure Satan, Roger, my brother. It is the Tempter, himself, that whispers the falsehoods and lies in your ears and twists your mind to espouse there is no connection between human activity and global warming. It is Satan that tells you, "This is juist a progression of natural climatological change. Don't worry."
Why does Satan tell you this? Satan tells you this because he wants to make the earth resemble Hell. It is not enough that he foments war in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is insufficent that he sponsors genocide in Darfur. Satan is not satisfied in insinuating into the minds of the leaders of Iran and North Korea that they need nuclear weapons, the detonation of which would bring the fire and brimstone of Satan's kingdom to earth.
No my friends, Satan is working overtime and so he says to you: "Buy that Hummer; trade your pollution credits on the free market; nothing that you do is responsible for global warming."
Yesterday, we celebrated the life and works of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Today, we must remember the words of Martin Luther, who, in "A Mighty Fortress is our God" reminds us about Satan:
"For still our ancient foe,
Doth seek to work us woe.
His craft and power are great;
And armed with cruel hate.
On earth is not his equal."
And I say to you now, Roger, repent. Join the crusade against global warming.
Does anyone really argue that it is 100% caused by humans? I figure we are not helping.
Laurence Hecht is Editor-in-Chief of 21st Century.
Many regard La Rouche as a political extremist, a conspiracy theorist, a cult leader and/or an anti-Semite.
LaRouche was sentenced to 15 years imprisonment in 1988 for conspiracy to commit mail fraud and tax code violations. Hecht was also convicted of the same charges.