Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

More Geekdom

I think I've discovered a central difference between humans in Sci Fi movies and books and the alien enemies they face. We hug. They don't.

You can see it plain as day on Stargate and its spin-off. The Goa'uld, the replicators, and the new religious fanatic badguys, the Ori. They never hug. The weird thing is on Battlestar Galactica, the human form Cylons hug us, but not each other (although they will share a mocha latte down at the Caprica Starbucks). That's why BSG is the better show, the villains are much more complex--almost just like us.

Comments:
As a counterexample, I offer, from the Alien/Aliens franchise, the Facehugger.

So there.

8-)
 
Well stated but not what I was talking about--what the facehuggers do is assault not comfort. You did make me laugh though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?