Monday, August 28, 2006

 

Obligatory JonBenet I Told You So

The news is alive with the sound of musings, a song they have sung for a thousand years.... Especially the national press is talking about the failure of the DNA of pencil-neck weirdo John Mark Karr to match the DNA recovered from the body and clothes of JonBenet Ramsey. The local press is so far silent especially in the face of this fiasco sub-headline just last week: Evidence is solid in Ramsey case, prosecutor claims. A self proclaimed expert not in the Boulder DAs office had this helpful information: The DNA evidence in the JonBenet Ramsey case is solid, and there's a strong possibility it points to the killer, a self-proclaimed neutral observer and expert on DNA analysis said Wednesday.

What a difference a few days make.

This turn of events effectively kills the case against Mr. Karr so that no charges will be filed against him vis a vis the little girl murdered. Couldn't they have done the testing while he was in Bangkok? I am fortunately on record as being skeptical from the git go.

Local radio personality Craig Silverman (another ex Denver DA) who apparently has a clause in his contract that he must cover JonBenet Ramsey whether there is any new information or not, has been speaking no ill this past week of the Boulder DAs office, saying again and again that it would be such a black eye regarding the basic competence of the DA Mary Lacy, that he just couldn't believe she would fly troubled Mr. Karr back, first class, based only on his uncorroborated (and somewhat difficult to swallow) confession. I kept asking what has Mary Lacy done in her entire career as a prosecutor that would cause anyone, including Craig, who is nobody's fool, to believe that Mary Lacy was competent in any way. I'm listening to Craig right now and he's calling Mary Lacy an idiot and a fool, and that's when he's being kind. No fury like an egoist burned.

I believe I heard a sigh of relief from Durham, North Carolina, because now Mike Nifong is no longer the biggest disgrace of a prosecutor in the country.

I remain in the Ramseys did it camp, and I have been there since I read the ransom note.

Comments:
I always thought it was the Dad. Nice call on the skepticism. Interesting how our awarness has increased because of DNA evidence vis a vis what is possible, real, imaginary or otherwise.

I always thought it was the Dad, but I think I mentioned that.
 
What I meant to say is that a lynch mob would have strung Karr up days ago.

Funny how things aren't always as they are portrayed or seem to be.
 
Rog,

I know not whether to advise that I disagree; respectfully dissent; or just tell you that you are wrong again. Mike Nifong remains the biggest disgrace of a prosecutor in the country.

The Boulder DA spent a bunch of bucks grasping at a straw in an effort to close what is probably the most notorious murder in recent Colorado history. She got it wrong and dropped the case.

Has Mike Nifong dismissed any charges? I agree he breathed a sigh of relief b/c he is te,mporarily out of the spotlight.

Now we can go back to lambasting him.

Cheers,

T
 
Thanks Mike and Tony. You are both right, of course.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?