Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Face Painting

When I played football in High School, I used to finger paint this black greasy stuff in a swath on each of the cheek bones, a half inch under my eyes. I don't think I was getting any glare off that part of my face, I just thought I looked cool. I could have.

Apparently soldiers think so too. And they do.

Apparently the idea is to make the face not look like a face in shades of green. You're supposed to put light where there are shadows on the face and dark where the light hits most. So on top of the brow line, on the nose and cheeks and chin, dark green. Around the eyes, under the nose, in the sunken hollows of the cheeks and under the chin, light green.

I don't think I'd like this guy if he were angry.

Comments:
I used to finger paint this black greasy stuff in a swath on each of the cheek bones

We call it "eye-black". Now they have stickers. It is really only for guys who get the ball, and maybe d-backs, but everyone wears it for the reasons stated in the post.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?