Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Selling Out (Round 3)

It appears that advertising executives listen to all sorts of music. More rock sellouts (this time with samples):

Jane's Addiction -- True Nature -- Cooper Tires Listen

Paul Oakenfold -- Starry-Eyed Surprise -- Diet Coke Listen

Screamin' Jay Hawkins -- I Put a Spell on You -- Levis Listen

Dirty Vegas -- Days Go By -- Mitsubishi Listen

Franz Ferdinand -- Take Me Out -- Sony Listen

ELO -- Mr. Blue Sky -- Volkswagen Listen

Caesars -- Jerk It Out -- Apple (Ipod) Listen

The Turtles -- Happy Together -- Heineken Listen

Dave Brubeck -- Blue Rondo A La Turk -- United States Postal Service Listen

Godsmack -- Sick Of Life -- United States Navy Listen

Bay City Rollers -- Saturday Night -- Planters Peanuts Listen

Comments:
Good job with getting the links dad. I haven't checked if they all work, but I'm sure they do :)
 
They work.

I just refuse to believe that Roger knows who Paul Oakenfold and Godsmack are.

Heck, I'm almost too old to know about Paul Oakenfold.

Roger, you ever "Dance all night to this DJ?"
 
I even own an Oakenfold CD (Tranceport, I think) although my tastes are more to industrial rather than what Oakenfold is doing lately. My daughter might have helped a little with this post (OK she helped a lot). I'm too old for clubs, so, no, no dancing. What is really surprising is that, given the words of the song, the Navy still uses Godsmack as a recruiting tool.
 
Wow,

I'm impressed, and I stand corrected.

I had the exact same thought about the Godsmack song. The title of the song especially.

What is the message? "Sick of life? Join the Navy."

Wierd.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?