Friday, December 02, 2005

 

Willfully Going Out on a Limb

Ever since I heard that the four Peace activists were "kidnapped" at the exact same place that the Italian communist Giuliana Sgrena was "kidnapped," I have had serious doubts that this was a kidnapping (hence my use of challenge quotations). I wasn't alone.

I've now viewed the recent video. It may be that I am prejudging what I watched because of my doubts, but I don't think those people are truly scared. The four, from the US-based Christian Peacemaker Teams (CPT) -- Briton Norman Kember, 74, American Tom Fox, 54, and Canadians James Loney, 41, and Harmeet Singh Sooden, 32 -- are merely passing time in the video.

It may turn out that they will be beheaded in a doublecross by their possible partners in fraud, but I believe this was not a kidnapping like the Lindberg baby or Patty Hearst (not the best example); it more likely is, as Rush Limbaugh said today on his radio show, a stunt.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?