Sunday, September 18, 2005

 

Self Assured Beauty

A group of us old guys eat breakfast every Saturday at El Tejado on Broadway (in Denver) and we're served each time by the same pretty young Mexican-born waitress (at least half the reason we go back each time). Yesterday, Dom said to her, "You're very pretty today." And she did look good (better hairstyle) so she answered. "I'm pretty every day."

I really liked that answer.

They say beauty is only skin deep (and having just seen photos of the inside of my colon I say, 'Thank God') but there has to be something more to it. Self assurance might just be the catalyst or difference between bland, symetric pleasing features and a pretty face. Look closely at Mae West. Not that pretty (to me not pretty at all) but she thought herself a great beauty and most of the World followed suit. Heck, most people thought she had a good figure.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?