Tuesday, September 20, 2005

 

Close Encounters

Remember the line in Aliens when Cpl. Hicks (Michael Biehn) pulls out a pump shotgun before they first fight the aliens? "I like to keep this handy," he says as he racks in a shell, "for close encounters." I always liked the sly allusion to the title of Spielberg's first alien movie, in which the aliens were all sweetness and light, in Hick's macho line.

Anyway, good to see this Third Armored Calvary Regiment soldier is following Hick's sound advice as he and his comrades go house to house in Tal Afar last week. I can't see the shotgun well enough to tell you what it is. Sorry, won't happen again.

UPDATE: If I have to guess, and I guess I do, I'll go with the Mossberg 500 Persuader. If so, good choice for the soldier.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?