Saturday, August 27, 2005

 

Open Range

Just watched the gun fight in Open Range for about the 6th or 7th time and this time I tried to count the number of shots Kevin Costner got off from his two Colt Single Action Army pistols without reloading. It's difficult because of the editing, but here goes.

In the first phase of the fight, from the time Costner shoots the bowler wearing tough in the forehead until Robert Duvall shoots the guy in the back through the wall with a shotgun, I count 18 shots coming from Costner (6 too many). Then Costner shoots 13 or 14 from a Winchester that I believe holds 12 (if it's a '73). I'll write that one off as my counting error.

Then Costner reloads and, killing the two who came around back, he runs out after shooting 6. Wow, they got that right.

In the final phase, involving the Marshall and Michael Gambon hiding in the jail, Costner gets off 20 rounds alternating between his two guns, mainly from behind the water trough. That's 8 too many.

Just in case you wanted to know. I was just killing time 'till the Broncos started.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?