Wednesday, August 17, 2005

 

Life is Made of Memories

And one I recall from last week is taking my oldest daughter to a strip club. It's not as bad as it sounds. We were heading down Santa Fe Drive to pick up a car from Dom when the car we're in stops working. The nearest phone was in PT's Sports. We called AAA and then went outside to wait for the tow truck, where we played 20 questions (I ruled). So all in all, 5 minutes inside. She's 21 and could have gone in without me. Still, it was creepy--The men, some in suits, looking up at the women 'dancing'; The women having to do this demeaning thing (the stuff of major adolescent nightmares) for money, apparently pretty good money. Not a pleasant memory, but I don't think lasting damage was done.

What a difference it would have been with my son, or maybe not. I put on a bluff front, but it was embarrassing from the moment we entered and I would have been just as embarrassed with Andrew.

Still doesn't make me interested in what's happening with cash-poor Centennial.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?