Saturday, August 27, 2005

 

If I Were King of the Forest

In a half-joking, snarky post about Canada just below, I might have jokingly advocated invasion of the lightly defended second largest country on Earth. Just kidding. We tried that during the Revolution and again in 1812. It didn't go too well either time.

But if I were President, I would go to the governors of each of the Provinces west of Quebec (and I'd probably go to British Columbia first) and maybe I'd go to Whitehorse and Yellow Knife as well, and I'd say, in all sincerity: "The United States would love to welcome the people of your Province (or Territory) as the 51st state of our union." (Even though I'm not sure there are extra desks in the Senate and I'd really hate to mess up the star field on our flag--on the whole, I think it might be worth it, especially Alberta and British Columbia).

I'd have to think about (pronounced 'a boot' up there) the Maritime provinces. Quebec is flat out.

Comments:
We're not bankrupt. It's not even close.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?