Friday, August 26, 2005

 

Hurricane Schedule

My parents live on the west coast of Florida, in Sarasota County south of Tampa/St. Petersburg, so I'm sometimes worried about Hurricanes during the 'season.' My folks have ridden out a few already, and the only way there's going to be catastrophic damage to their beach house is if the storm surge comes right up the beach and swamps the house. Near misses just strip a few (or all) leaves from their trees and wash away half the sand on the beach.
One of the cool things Drudge does is provide government date on the storms, including updated satellite photos and storm track. These things certainly ease my worries, especially when they show a miss. My question is, what is Katrina going to do after it gets to West Virginia next week?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?