Friday, July 29, 2005

 

More About Sex

Arthur C. Clarke, the science fiction writer who would rather be identified as the inventor of the communications satellite, once said, I think in the early 60s, that if two things were invented, human sexual customs would change beyond recognition. (I'm sorry but I can't remember where he said it nor has google really helped out here). The two things are a safe, reliable, oral contraceptive and a blood test that establishes beyond any doubt who a child's father is. Well, we have both, and if my daughter and current issues of Cosmopolitan are to be believed, things have certainly changed since the repressive, hard to get laid in, late 60s when I became sexually active.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?