Saturday, July 09, 2005

 

Good Pain

In case anyone thinks that my thought of the day is a latent masochist's cry for understanding, I just wanted to let you know that I picked it because after two months of sloth and one month of enforced medical indolence, I've started lifting weights again. I must have partial tears in my rotator cuff because in the general soreness in my arms I have two points of tenderness at the front of my deltoids which are so sharp and deep as to be exquisite. Generally the pain of getting back in shape is a good hurt, a soreness you know is helping as the torn muscles knit and grow but it's a general white noise type of dull pain. The point tenderness in my shoulders is a piercing wail. I find I can't stop massaging them. (You know, this sounding is more and more like a masochist's cry for understanding so I'll stop about the pain).

I want to have bigger muscles in my arms and chest but I don't want to look like I lift weights. I want people to think, maybe he chops wood or something. Also if you get huge arms through years of hard work, it's difficult not to want to display them a lot, and I just don't want to live the rest of my life in a sleeveless shirt, as apparently some men have chosen to go.

UPDATE: I've decided that I have about a perfect rectus abdominus, an 8-pack (at least there were 8 the last time I saw it and counted (around 1961)). In fact, my 8-pack is so perfect that I have to keep at least a half inch layer of fat over it at all times to protect it and not discourage the rest of the males in the World.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?