Saturday, June 25, 2005

 

New Tape

Halfway through, and I'm sticking with the boys after girls format. Here's the front side:

David Bowie Aladdin Sane
Madeleine Peyroux Don't Wait Too Long
Rolling Stones She Said Yea
Shawn Colvin Polaroids
Antonio Carlos Jobim Aguas de Marco
Joni Mitchell California
Led Zeppelin What Is and What Should Never Be
Annie Lennox Little Bird
John Hiatt Riding With the King
Sheena Easton Strut
Del Amitri Driving With the Brakes On
Dan Hicks I Asked my Doctor


You know a lot of people think about a cassette tape the way I think about Edison's wax cylinders, hopelessly outmoded, and I do admit that the CD is a better medium. You can go right to the track you want and get instant replay without rewind. But I find old habits are hard to break and I've been making tapes since I was 15. My son and daughters (2/3 of whom are returning from New York tonight, wahoo!) extol the Ipod, but even they can't tell me how to dump a song once it's in there. You have it for life, I guess, like herpes or a good set of luggage.

Update:

Finished the other side. I have to admit that I'm a little bit handicapped by my son stealing appropriating all my classic period CDs (1967-1975). Oh, yea, and by my not knowing beans about recent music.

U2 Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Shawn Colvin The Facts About Jimmy
Ray Charles Unchain my Heart
Madeleine Peyroux Lonesome Road
Randy Newman Rednecks
Joni Mitchell Hejira
Ben Harper and the Blind Boys of Alabama Church House Steps
Bonnie Raitt/Delbert McClinton Good Man, Good Woman
David Bowie Jean Genie
Jeff Beck Rollin' and Tumblin'
Don Henley All She Wants to Do is Dance
Dan Hicks I Asked my Doctor

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?