Monday, June 20, 2005

 

Dichotomies

My Old English teacher, Jim Earle (he wasn't that old), at UVA, used to say: "There are two types of people in the World, those who see the world as a series of dichotomies, and those who don't." In that spirit, I say: "There are two types of people in the World, those who can correctly pronounce Guantanamo, and those who can't." It's really not that hard and the guys who can't, get close but-- no cigar. They say Guantamano, rhymes with domino.
What's the deal? I had trouble with the word caterpillar--when I was 5! Guanta-namo, rhymes with dynamo, as in dynamo-hum. Can they not hear themselves?

Comments:
Thanks for the comment. It appears that the bulk of my stats regarding minutes spent here is attributable to you. Thank you very much for your reading me and for your thoughtful comments. See ya'.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?